Thursday 13 January 2011

Design Strategy / Design Presence Workshop

Design Strategy To-do:

01. Get in touch with Generation Press and organize a visit to discuss sustainability in high-end print production.

02. Complete at least two competition briefs throughout my FMP. At present I have selected one ISTD brief (Mutton Quad), but the second is undecided. 'Fakery' by ISTD or 'Marks and Spencer' by YCN are both possibilities.

03. Make contact with Paul Pensom to discuss sustainability in print, identity through branding and grid systems.

04. Re-evaluate London-based agencies that I would potentially like to work for in order to visit and discuss my interests. This may then lead to internships etc.

05. I have been in contact with Erik Spiekermann who has agreed to discuss my dissertation and typography design interests. I was meant to visit whilst in Berlin, but the office had a sold out ticketed event taking place. I need to make contact again and follow this up.

06. Continue to attend every talk by a visiting professional on Fridays.

07. Continue to attend First Tuesday every month. I could really make use of a good photographer for lighting and other such techniques that will make my portfolio look stronger and more professional.

08. Secure an internship or placement for either once a week over the coming months or during Easter, as well as when I leave the course. I must make contact with at least ten new agencies by the end of next week.

09. Update Nicolas Bourquin with my dissertation progress and send a final copy once complete.

10. -


Design Presence To-do:

01. Update my website with my latest work completed during last module.

02. Continue to distribute my business cards.

03. Update my CV and apply my branding so it is coherent with my website and business card.

04. Complete a letterhead, although I have no permanent address so I need to consider this. Also consider compliment slip.

05. Update print based portfolio with latest work. The same can be said for my digital .pdf version. This has to be done for Monday 17th January.

06. Create a Behance profile and get work up on there. It would appear to be useful in getting recognition across other blogs such as ffffound and It's Nice That.

07. Design a mailshot or leave-behind for when visiting studios over the coming weeks.

08. -

09. -

10. -

No comments:

Post a Comment