Monday 31 January 2011

Amazon Publication Print Quotation

Last week Andrew (by no fault of his own) eventually got back to me with a finalised figure required for the print run and production of the Amazon Publication... it seemed as if the number would never stop increasing! However, from 25 copies we have at long last settled on 65 all-in-all and we are finally ready to go to print.

As recommended by Joe Gilmore, the publication is going to be printed digitally (by Team Impression) as opposed to litho. The print run simply doesn't justify the costs of litho by industry standards and besides, Team's digital printers are reportedly near litho quality (and the best locally that have been tried and tested by both Joe and Justin) so the difference to the human eye should be minimal which is excellent.

In regards to the quotation itself, I am happy to say that it thankfully arrived in my mailbox this morning after various set-backs and mishaps on Team's behalf... this in itself was slightly disappointing, but I was pretty impressed by the figure though.


With this quotation, the unit cost for print works out at £9.15 and the cost for binding by Spink and Thackray is estimated to be within the region of £7-8... this is based on the fact that the original quote for 25-30 copies was £11 a unit so I am assuming -until tomorrow when I ring up for a requote- that it will be reduced a little with the increased number of publications.

Overall then, the total unit cost should be within the region of £18 - a perfect number considering I originally estimated a £20 unit cost to Andrew prior to enquiry.

I really can't wait to receive this job back as it will be my first proper print job that I have seen right through from start to finish by myself.

Exciting times!

No comments:

Post a Comment