Sunday 28 February 2010

Self Promotion 04

Having had a lovely Sunday lunch, I have again decided to revisit the notion of branding myself. It's something that I really want done, but the more I want it done the less I feel like I'm getting anywhere with it.


With this set of experiements I went for a more sophistcasted approach and used Bodoni, a typeface with some nice serifs. I first came across this in an article about Salavor Dali and how it was his favourite typeface, great minds think alike... or moustaches rather.

I definitely like the vibe this type conveys about me a lot more, I think sans-serif typefaces are a bit too contemporary in their appearance for my liking. All of these need more work however, but a step in the right direction it would seem!

Just need to clarify the legibilty of the letter-illision and ligatures. Quite like the broken 'a' on the bottom left experiment also; much, much better with a perpendicular serif also.

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment