Monday 5 July 2010

Morgan Agency

Another agency that I have been in contact with over the summer is Leeds based Morgan Agency. I initially applied to gain an internship via the funded scheme organised by Steve Smith, although this would consist of a full-time eight week spell at the agency (something I wasn't too keen on).

Either way, it turns out today that the position has been awarded to David Gasi so congrats to him. Again I pushed for some constructive portfolio feedback to get the most out of the situation;

'...it’s having more commercial, campaign-led stuff in there really, though we wouldn’t have even seen you if we didn’t like what you put forward!'

I think I agree to a certain extent, especially in terms of securing a job at an agency that deals with commercial clients after I graduate. However, I do believe that there should be a balance between this and freelance, self initiated work... I don't want my practice to be dominated by what the client and industry are already looking for, I feel that I would like to challenge conventions to a degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment