Wednesday 14 April 2010

Self Promotion 05

Haven't had time to re-visit my self promotion over Easter up until now as I was fortunate enough to visit Berlin last week. Wish I was back there already. Anyway...


Beginning to feel like I am getting close to a resolve with this idea, not that I am entirely sure that I am 100% happy but I believe this identity is a lot more successful than the previous. It would seem no matter how hard I try, the letters 'L' and 'H' will just not look good together. So square and dull, not much to work with really.

In editing the original Bodoni typeface, I have flattened out the serifs as they were driving me crazy and have most notably stuck to the straight stem on the lower case 'a'. Why it was rounded in the first place is slightly beyond me.

Other than that I have mainly attempted to kern the letters to absolute perfection and gain a sense of neutrality between them all; had to bring the 'e' in a little as it seemed lonely.

To move on from here I think it may be wise to approach a use of colour, not that this is essential in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment